Saturday, June 12, 2004

June 12 (Saturday): I’ve got in a bad habit, again I wake up at 6.00 in the morning thinking half of the day has already gone by.

By seven I am functioning so I figure I may as well watch the last episode of this series of the Sopranos. This series has been fantastic, the Sopranos has far from jumped the shark. The clipping of Adrianna in the previous episode remains the most shocking and emotional thing to happen in the series. It is interesting to consider that now instead of being lovable rogues, the characters are now just portrayed as horrible cunts. The demise of Steve Buscemi’s character was inevitable but the build up and delay was horribly excruciating. The series was really good, avoiding a horrible cheesing closing, instead resolving this chapter and introducing incident that will swing open consequences for a huge new season (rumoured to be last). It is heartening to see the season ended with Tony coming so close to being humbled but managing to stay afloat on his feet. My hero.

random thought: I FUCKING HATE THOSE ROBINSON’S FRUIT SHOOT ADVERTS WHERE THE KID IS PLAYING SPORTS AND MAKING AN EFFORT TO MAKE HIS TEAMMATES LOOK BETTER. ARROGANT LITTLE MUSSY.

It’s a pissy shitty day and really I can’t be arsed to get out of my bed let alone step outside. The post arrives and there is a thud. Did I order something? Result! It is Kat Kitten from Universal who has sent me a Get Up Kids CD which so far I am really liking. Eventually I stagger out to Sainsbury for a paper and to PC World for some CD-Rs to burn and sell on Ebay (ho ho). What else do I do? Fuck all. I prepare to do some grocery shop at Asda and Sarah surprisingly texts, thought I’d fucked her off. So I do that, do the Asda thing, bump into Matt Ripley in Asda (always a pleasure, never a chore but sometimes a labour) and rush home to watch Portugal v Greece and the start of Euro 2004.

Portugal v Greece at times strikes me as being how the Cup Final should have been. Great team in red v crap team in blue. However, in the cup final the blue team should have shocked with an early goal, bundled a second through a penalty and then sat with ten men behind the ball as Ronaldo attempts all his faggy fancy shit to no avail and old man Figo (Keane in the cup final) humbled into looking like the old wizened man that he is. So, despite the late goal from spaghetti hair (as was), it ends Portugal 1 Millwall…I mean Greece 2.

Second game, Russia v Spain. Don’t care about this one either. I watch it basically through one eye. Apparently there are lots of Russians out there, I think I heard they’re second best supported behind us. All I know, I fear the Russian Mafia (but again that is just from watching the Sopranos). Saw Abramovich there. Spain win softly 1-0 when they should probably have slapped (scared of the Russian Mafia I guess). Neither of these teams look like winners either. Basically it has all started with a whimper instead of a bang.

Sarah keeps texting and then Phoebe finally texts also, just before 10pm. She tells me she hopes I have had a better day than her and sweet dreams (again). And we all know what we thought about that last time. It’s too much hard work.

np: Soweto Kinch – Elision

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home